Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor, Mark E. Jones, Has Nine Customer Complaints Disclosed On His CRD, Alleging Various Sales Practice Violations
Mark E. Jones (CRD # 261512) is a Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith in Denver, CO. Mark Jones has been in the securities industry since 1972 and previously worked at American Western Securities, American Growth Fund Sponsors and Independent Securities Corporation.
According to publicly available records released by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Mark Jones has nine customer complaints disclosed on his CRD, including the following alleged sales practice violations:
- May 2019 – “The customer alleges misrepresentation.” The matter is currently pending.
- February 2014 – “THE CUSTOMERS ALLEGE UNSUITABLE INVESTMENT RECOMMENDATIONS AND MISREPRESENATIONS AND OMISSIONS OF MATERIAL FACTS…” The matter settled for $26,250.
- May 2009 – “THE CUSTOMER ALLEGES FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.” The matter settled for $12,000.
- April 2007 – “CLIENT HAD SIGNIFICANT LOSSES IN COVERED CALL TRADES, ALLEGED DISCRETION.” The matter settled for $387,616.
- December 2002 – “CUSTOMER ALLEGES BREACH OF AGREEMENT TO INVEST IN AN OUTSIDE BUSINESS VENTURE.” The matter settled for $25,000.
- April 2002 – “UNSUITABLE INVESTMENT RECOMMENDATIONS.” An arbitration panel awarded the customer $400,000.
For a copy of Mark Jones’s CRD, click https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/261512.
Financial advisors have a legal and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their clients’ needs and objectives. Their employing brokerage firm has a legal and regulatory obligation to supervise the Financial Advisors’ sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
The Wolper Law Firm represents investors nationwide in securities litigation and arbitration on a contingency fee basis. Matt Wolper, the Managing Principal of the Wolper Law Firm, is a trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of securities cases during his career involving a wide range of products, strategies and securities. Prior to representing investors, he was a partner with a national law firm, where he represented some of the largest banks and brokerage firms in the world in securities matters. We can be reached at 800.931.8452 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.